May 13, 2007
I've been tagged.
Okay, so I’ve been tagged by Melanie Atkins. What does that mean exactly? Well, it means that I am supposed to tell you eight things that no one knows about me, then tag eight people.
Wow, eight things…
1. Let’s see, the first story I ever wrote was in the fourth grade and I won a contest with it. It was titled MY CAT SNEAKER and was the true story about the cat I’d had since I was four years old. I still have the story and the award it won.
2. When I was fourteen, I met my best friend, Lisa. I swear we got into a fight at least once a year through High School. Twenty-three years later, we’re still best friends.
3. At twenty-one that same best friend and I decided on the spur of the moment to move to Kentucky. We went down for the weekend, rented an apartment and moved a few weeks later.
4. I got bored easily. I mean, very easily. I change my hair color or hair style often because it is one thing that can easily be changed.
5. I’d known my husband for six years before we ever went out on a date. It wasn’t that we weren’t interested in each other, we were just never unattached at the same time. Then one night I had a dream that we were married so I moved back to Michigan and hunted him down. We became engaged two weeks after our first date. This summer we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and he still makes me laugh harder than anyone.
6. I love the smell of coffee, but can’t drink it. The only way I can stand coffee is to put a lot of sugar in it. I mean, a LOT of sugar. So I don’t drink it. Instead, I start my day with Diet Coke.
7. The worst thing anyone can say to me is that I can’t do something. That is, unless you really want me to do it. I take statements like ‘it’s not possible’ or ‘I can’t foresee you ever being able to’ as direct challenges. You tell me something like that and I will go out and show you why you’re wrong.
8. I have no problem approaching people and talking to them. I’ve always been this way. Even people others are intimidated by, I will approach just to say hi. I’ve met a lot of people this way: agents, editors, publishers, NYT bestsellers, even rock-n-roll stars. It’s just a part of who I am.
Is that finally eight? That was really hard for me to do. Now, I’m supposed to tag eight people. So, here's who I tagged:
Cindy Spencer Pape
Don’t forget my latest romantic suspense eBook, AFTER MIDNIGHT, releases in June from Triskelion Publishing. I’ll be back soon to tell you a little about it.